Back button navigation using jqueryMobile's data-rel="back" stopped working in iOS11

brainymu...@gmail.com

Nov 5, 2017, 1:26:36 PM11/5/17
to phonegap
Hey, I'm having issues navigating backwards in  the app in iOS 11. I'm using phonegap version cli-6.5.0. When we invoke backward navigation using "data-rel=back" in a page, it calls window.history.go(-1). But for some reason in iOS 11, the history api is not working anymore. When I had output the window.history.length, its always stuck at 2 in iOS 11. Is there any issues with the tie up between phonegap and iOS 11? Because this used to work before for iOS 10.

Thank you!

jcesarmobile

Nov 8, 2017, 4:32:33 PM11/8/17
to phonegap
I don't think jQuery Mobile is maintained anymore, so you should consider switching to another framework.
I have an old app that I created with jQuery Mobile and back button is not working fine on Android 7 neither.

Pete

Nov 9, 2017, 11:45:18 AM11/9/17
to phonegap
It's been 3 years and a week since the last jqm update and a lot of things have changed since then. There was some "noise" about a 1.5.0 release and one version was posted in May 2017 but nothing since then. If they're working on it, it's a very, very (painstakingly) slow process.

You can download the 1.5.0 release: https://code.jquery.com/mobile/