Is iOS Simulator, 12.9" buggy?

Steve Husting

Sep 14, 2017, 2:10:58 PM9/14/17
to phonegap
I know that simulators cannot replace the actual thing. But I have no access to a 12.9" iPad.

When I use the Xcode simulator for that device, the drop-down menu either does not work at all (cannot go to link when clicking on drop-down option), or works sporadically (sometimes a link will actually work, but not repeatedly in the same session). I'm using materializecss for the menu.

It always works perfectly in Google Chrome!

Do you find the iPad 12.9" buggy with your code testing, or working as well as Google Chrome?

Mac Environment:
OS Sierra 10.12.6
iMac (Mid 2011)

cordova -v
7.0.1

cordova platform ?
Installed platforms:
  android 6.1.2
  ios 4.4.0

cordova plugin list
cordova-plugin-inappbrowser 1.7.1 "InAppBrowser"
cordova-plugin-splashscreen 4.0.3 "Splashscreen"
cordova-plugin-whitelist 1.3.2 "Whitelist"
cordova-plugin-x-socialsharing 5.1.8 "SocialSharing"
es6-promise-plugin 4.1.0 "Promise"

Xcode 8.3.3
SublimeText v3 Build 3143

Thanks,
Steve

Environment:

Kerri Shotts

Sep 18, 2017, 6:39:01 AM9/18/17
to phonegap
Do you have any other iDevices to test on? If so, do they exhibit the same problem?

The simulator lies often, but not usually when it comes to something like this.

Steve Husting

Sep 18, 2017, 11:03:13 AM9/18/17
to phonegap
Unfortunately, the last device I used seems to have just gone obsolete. So I am between devices at the moment. In Chrome on the desktop and in Android, it just works. I'm doing quite a bit of tweaking, so I wonder if I'm knocking myself out over the simulator.

Shazron

Sep 18, 2017, 12:04:09 PM9/18/17
to phonegap
I wonder if this is a bug.
When you run `xcrun simctl list devicetypes` for Xcode 9:

> iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (com.apple.CoreSimulator.SimDeviceType.iPad-Pro)

Note it says .iPad-Pro

For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "phonegap" group.

Kerri Shotts

Sep 19, 2017, 9:01:18 AM9/19/17
to phonegap
So other sim sizes don't exhibit the problem?

Kerri Shotts

Sep 19, 2017, 9:01:52 AM9/19/17
to phonegap
There's discussion of a point release to fix some issues due to iOS 11, so that might help with this. Cross your fingers, anyway. ;-)