Record Whatsapp like high quality audio with cordova/phonegap/js-plugin.

Aashish Sharma

Sep 14, 2016, 10:15:51 AM9/14/16
to phonegap
Hi All,

Is it possible to record a high quality audio with and js plugin or cordova plugin?
i am able to record the audio, play it, but the quality of sound recorded with cordova-media plugin is a bit compromising.

The clarity and loudness of sound provided by 'Whatsapp calls' has made me ask this ask question here. i searched the internet, could find nothing related to this particular problem.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Aashish

John Keating

Sep 14, 2016, 4:47:36 PM9/14/16
to phonegap
The Cordova plugin uses the device's underlying audio recording API so I'm not sure how it could be any different in quality than anything else. Perhaps there are API settings you can tweak?

jcesarmobile

Sep 16, 2016, 7:43:22 AM9/16/16
to phonegap
In which platform did you notice that? All?

Right now the audio quality isn't configurable, not sure which quality is being used, but you can create a feature request on http://issues.cordova.io