App works in PhoneGap Developer but not when installed on iPhone

Mike Bryant

Mar 5, 2015, 5:31:26 PM3/5/15
to phon...@googlegroups.com
I have a simple application build using PhoneGap and jQuery with jQuery Mobile. This app uses the Geo location API and calls a simple RESTful webservice.  I am doing a full-circle test to make sure that everything works from Code -> Test using PhoneGap Developer -> PhoneGap Build -> Install via iTunes -> Test on iPhone

So everything works fine using the PhoneGap Developer app on my iPhone.  I have an Apple Dev account and build the cert, provisioning profile, etc and built the app using PhoneGap Build.  BUT, when I install the app on my phone, the app will run but does not recognize any touches.  It just sits there.

Versions:
PhoneGap v3.5
jQuery 1.11.1
jQuery Mobile v1.4.3
iOS v8.1.3 on iPhone 6+

Any ideas?

Kevin Grabher

Mar 6, 2015, 10:23:25 AM3/6/15
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Try using xcode to run the project, that way you can monitor console output

Kerri Shotts

Mar 6, 2015, 3:43:30 PM3/6/15
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Can you debug the app using Safari's remote inspection? That might help pinpoint anything funny going on, either errors being logged or DOM elements preventing input, etc.

There's not much we can do from here, though. Just recognize that the PG Dev app, while helpful, isn't a guarantor of functionality (as you are finding out).

Emmanuel Opara

Mar 8, 2015, 7:13:50 PM3/8/15
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mike, I've been searching for an experienced Phonegap/ Cordova developer. I'm new to Phonegap/ Cordova development and currently running a live project. I have been facing so many issues which makes me feel like giving up on Cordova.

I would like you to be more like a guardian to me on this.

Awaiting your response.

Sorry this is not an answer to your question.

jcesarmobile

Mar 9, 2015, 4:58:21 AM3/9/15
to phon...@googlegroups.com
The phonegap developer app includes all the core plugins, if you are using some plugins on your app you have to install them to make it work.