PHONEGAP & iOS DEVEOPMENT

Bon1

Mar 3, 2015, 9:20:14 AM3/3/15
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Hello WORLD!!\

I am trrying to develop an app for Iphone. I am currently testing it on an iphone4S ,OS version 8.1.2 and wanted to know how do I prepare the config.xml file for packaging in phonegap build. Do i need a key and certificate from Apple before I can do testing on my actual device from phonegap build?

Chris Griffith

Mar 3, 2015, 11:07:15 AM3/3/15
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Yes. You will need the provisioning profile loaded on your device and the proper development signing certificate.

Chris Griffith

Steve Husting

Mar 3, 2015, 11:07:53 AM3/3/15
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Please go to the PhoneGap Build website to learn all about their services.
https://build.phonegap.com/
https://iphonedevlog.wordpress.com/2014/06/10/notes-about-using-phonegap-build/

Bonang Nkonkwena

Mar 4, 2015, 4:12:52 AM3/4/15
to phon...@googlegroups.com
@Chris Griffith , even if its for testing purposes only and not for distribution...the iOS developer programe costs a lot, I am using a windows computer and want to just TEST on the actual device..Does Android also need all these requirements as iOS device?

For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "phonegap" group.

jcesarmobile

Mar 4, 2015, 6:23:17 AM3/4/15
to phon...@googlegroups.com
99$ every year is expensive? You don't expect to get at least that from your app? then stop working on it...

If you want to test on a real iOS device you have to pay apple, there is no other way. (well, there might be other way involving jailbreaking the phone, but you should google about it)

On android you don't have to pay to create or test the app, just something like 25$ to publish on the play store.

Bonang Nkonkwena

Mar 4, 2015, 7:58:27 AM3/4/15
to phon...@googlegroups.com
@ jcesarmobile..thank u for the response ,guess i beter start of thinking of  monetizing it

Kerri Shotts

Mar 4, 2015, 1:33:15 PM3/4/15
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Assuming you are using only core plugins, and can put up with the quirks, the PG developer app can be used to test on-device. Just don't be surprised if some things break (I've seen file access be broken in the past when using it.)

Best way with fewest issues? As @jcesarmobile suggests: pay the $99. Consider it "cost of doing business" on iOS.