PhoneGap Developer App Download Error

Erol Simsir

May 21, 2015, 11:36:46 AM5/21/15
to phon...@googlegroups.com

I'm using the PhoneGap Developer App to instantly test my apps and since tonight the app says 'DOWNLOADING', and then a few seconds later is says 'DOWNLOAD ERROR'. After that, a popup appears saying

Unable to download archive from the server. Please upgrade the PhoneGap CLI or check your network settings.

So, how do I upgrade the PhoneGap CLI and what settings should I check? I haven't changed any network settings and the PhoneGap Developer App worked fine on my Macbook and iPhone, but now it says this.

What's the problem and how do I solve it?

Guillermo Pérez

May 21, 2015, 12:21:14 PM5/21/15
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Hi Erol,

I solved it updating Phonegap with npm update -g phonegap

Joanne Bentulan

Jun 1, 2015, 4:21:25 PM6/1/15
to phon...@googlegroups.com
I'm having the same problem, I did the cli update & downloaded the newest version of the desktop app, too, but the error persists.

FYI
pc on windows 8.1
phonegap desktop v 0.1.7
phonegap cli v 5.0.0-0.28.1
phonegap mobile v 1.5.2
mobile nexus 6
mobile android 5.1

Michael Brooks

Jun 2, 2015, 3:32:37 PM6/2/15
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joanne,

You're not alone! We're seeing a group of people have issues connecting, downloading, or updating their the mobile apps on various operating systems and devices. Unfortunately, we're having a hard time recreating the issue on our end - and until we can recreate it, it's difficult to fix it.

If you're up for it, I'd love to casually chat with you, pick your brain, and try to better understand what's different between our environments. I've added you to Google+, so I think you should be able to see me on Hangouts - Michael Brooks.

Appreciate it!
Michael

Daniel Goguen

Jun 2, 2015, 9:45:10 PM6/2/15
to phon...@googlegroups.com
I'm also having the same issue both using the desktop app and the CLI, having done updates on both. Tried tethering USB vs wifi network...

FYI
mac yosemite 10.10.3
phonegap desktop v 0.1.7
phonegap cli v 5.0.0-0.28.1
iphone 5s

Philster

Jun 17, 2015, 10:32:33 AM6/17/15
to phon...@googlegroups.com
i have the same problem using a portable hotspot form my mobile device.
also i am pretty sure that i have the latest version of CLI, Mobile- and Desktop Application

Anikanchan Raut

Sep 29, 2015, 3:51:53 PM9/29/15
to phonegap
I had the same issue so I updated to latest beta version 0.1.11 and problem solved.

Peter Fendrich

Nov 21, 2015, 10:09:15 PM11/21/15
to phonegap

I have the same problem and found people on different forums having it.
But I'm not sure if there are any solutions or workarounds yet...

Windows 10

Phonegap Desktop v0.1.11

Phonegap 1.5.6 for Android (Sony Xperia Z3 and Sony Zperia Z4)

I have tried two different mobiles, all on the same network. I get the error as can be seen on picture below.

I tried to ping the ip-adress from another PC on the same network, no answer.

I open up a hotspot on one of the mobiles and used that as the network. Same problem.

ipconfig shows the same IP address as the phonegap server in the tests cases above.

I closed down the phonegap desktop and restarted it between each test.

My security apps was temporarily closed down on the PC.

Now I don't know what more to try.

Eric Reichwaldt

Nov 26, 2015, 1:39:01 AM11/26/15
to phonegap
I don't have an actual fix, but a work-around I found in another thread.  I get the same error when trying to download provided the address in either the cli or the desktop app, but if you replace the IP address with your local address (likely 192.168.1.something) than I was able to connect.

You can find your local IP address by using a cmd tool and running ipconfig

ipconfig

/////
Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi:

   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : xxxx::xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx%12
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.104  <--------------------------That's the number you want
/////

Hope this helps for now!

Peter Fendrich

Nov 27, 2015, 5:52:29 PM11/27/15
to phonegap
Thank you Eric,
For me it is the same IP-address in phonegap and ipconfig.

But, for me it is solved!
I removed the firewall from AVG a couple a months ago and started to use Windows Firewall and forgot about it. When testing phonegap I closed AVG and that is my virus-protection only, but the Windows Firewall was still running ...

Now, here's a tip that might be of help to someone.
When I installed PhoneGap Desktop the first time, I was asked (by windows firewall) if it would be used for a private network or a public. I answered private. That didn't work for phonegap, the way I have set up my firewall.
When I understood this, I uninstalled PhoneGap and re-installed it again but this time the question didn't come. Windows remember my first setting.
You have to go into the Windows Firewall under the "Allowed apps and functions" (translated from Swedish). There you'll find a table with two columns, Private and Public. Find the phonegap row and tick the column you want to use.
/Peter