Custom Sound on Push Notifications

Pete

Dec 2, 2016, 2:23:33 PM12/2/16
to phonegap
Has anyone figured out the trick to playing custom sounds with phonegap-plugin-push?

I've been trying to resolve this for far, far too long.

Android has .wav files in res/raw
iOS has .caf files in the project root and in www/res

The push notification doesn't have the sound extension i.e. beep.wav

The sound files are 16 bit.

I'm outta things to try.

Simon MacDonald

Dec 2, 2016, 2:36:33 PM12/2/16
to phonegap
Don't use a wav file Pete. Check out my comments on the issue you opened.
Simon Mac Donald
http://simonmacdonald.com