Updated for El Capitan?

Steve Husting

Nov 20, 2015, 7:01:14 PM11/20/15
to phonegap
I don't see anything in the Apache Cordova blog about updating to El Capitan. Does the Mac OS matter one way or the other? I know that my latest Xcode 7.1.1 supports El Capitan.

However, there IS mention of Xcode 7/7.1 support on the Apache Cordova page. Is that enough? I'm pretty sure the OS doesn't matter as long as Xcode supports it, and as long as Cordova supports the Xcode that supports it. Gaaaah!

Thanks,

Steve H

Rob Willett

Nov 21, 2015, 3:50:31 AM11/21/15
to phonegap
Steve

We moved to El Capitan a few weeks ago. We ended up in a cycle of upgrading quite a few things at the same time.

I can't remember all the details as away from main machine but we ended having to upgrade Xcode to 7.0 from 6.x, we ended up upgrading Cordova which meant whitelists, we also ended up upgrading a fair few plugins as well which also introduced other changes as the plugins had updates.

I recall that compiling for iOS 9 required Xcode 7 so that may have been the catalyst.

I know we put a lot of work in to get back to the same place we started from.

My suggestion would be to hold off the Xcode and OS upgrade until you have upgraded plugins and got the rest of your software stack in good order. When you have the latest plugins, latest stable Cordova etc then upgrade as you want. This is the opposite to us as one thing after another forced us to upgrade quicker than we wanted.

The other think I would also suggest is getting a Carbon Copy Cloner backup sorted out before the OS upgrade. It works very well and gives you the easy option of going back just in case.

Rob

For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "phonegap" group.

Steve Husting

Nov 25, 2015, 7:14:37 PM11/25/15
to phonegap
Appreciated your reply, Rob.