npm install -g phonegap not working

siegel...@gmail.com

Jul 2, 2015, 2:22:42 PM7/2/15
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am trying to get phonegap to work - but its not installing.
the error message is below
Thanks for your help

chaim@dev:~/node-v0.12.5-linux-x86/bin$ ./npm install -g phonegap
npm ERR! not a package /home/chaim/node-v0.12.5-linux-x86/bin/phonegap
npm ERR! addLocal Could not install /home/chaim/node-v0.12.5-linux-x86/bin/phonegap
npm ERR! Linux 2.6.32-305-ec2
npm ERR! argv "/home/chaim/node-v0.12.5-linux-x86/bin/node" "/home/chaim/node-v0.12.5-linux-x86/bin/npm" "install" "-g" "phonegap"
npm ERR! node v0.12.5
npm ERR! npm  v2.11.2
npm ERR! path /tmp/npm-9640-18139813/unpack-5ce2efbfe5a4/package.json
npm ERR! code ENOENT
npm ERR! errno -2

npm ERR! enoent ENOENT, open '/tmp/npm-9640-18139813/unpack-5ce2efbfe5a4/package.json'
npm ERR! enoent This is most likely not a problem with npm itself
npm ERR! enoent and is related to npm not being able to find a file.
npm ERR! enoent

npm ERR! Please include the following file with any support request:
npm ERR!     /home/chaim/node-v0.12.5-linux-x86/bin/npm-debug.log

Kerri Shotts

Jul 3, 2015, 4:41:05 PM7/3/15
to phon...@googlegroups.com, siegel...@gmail.com
Are you behind a proxy?

What's in the log file?

jeff davidson

Jul 3, 2015, 6:29:01 PM7/3/15
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kerri,

I know this is a dumb question, but where is the log file?  On the phone or in Xcode?  And no, no proxy I don't think.  Just the iPhone and it's wifi connection!

For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "phonegap" group.

Kerri Shotts

Jul 4, 2015, 3:25:51 PM7/4/15
to phon...@googlegroups.com, jetsond...@gmail.com
Hi Jeff,

What does the file at   /home/chaim/node-v0.12.5-linux-x86/bin/npm-debug.log  have in it? The same thing as the error message above, or any additional information?

By proxy, I mean your dev machine where you're installing NPM.
Hi Kerri,

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/phonegap?hl=en?hl=en

jeff davidson