Windows 10 Build fails: Ask the developer for Microsoft.NET.CoreRuntime.1.0 package

Cody Barks

Dec 11, 2017, 11:35:33 AM12/11/17
to phonegap
Hey all,

So, I'm fairly new to Phonegap, and usually just develop stand-alone web apps. I'm working on packing up a calculator application for a client, the android build installs and runs flawlessly, but when I attempt to install the appx package on a windows device (Desktop, in this case) I receive the two following errors:

App Installer failed to install package dependencies. Ask the developer for Microsoft.NET.CoreRuntime.1.0 package.

App Installer failed to install package dependencies. Ask the developer for Microsoft.VCLIbs.140.00.Debug packge.

I've tried including the packages as dependencies in the config.xml file, and even tried installing the Microsoft SDK's manually on the pc itself, but still can't seem to get around the issue. Has anybody else ran into similar issues or have any suggestions?