Authenticating to a service

john schwery

Mar 3, 2015, 4:41:59 PM3/3/15
to phon...@googlegroups.com
We're converting our web app to phonegap.

The service we need to talk to requires that we authenticate to the server first (via ASP.NET forms authentication) before it will allow us to make calls. Otherwise, all we get back are http 401 errors.

Can anyone point us in the right direction to get phonegap to authenticate (and stay logged in) to the server before we start making service calls?

Thanks.

Kerri Shotts

Mar 4, 2015, 1:38:42 PM3/4/15
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Not a PG issue. It depends on how your service expects you to use it. Ask them.

My guess: cookies are probably involved somewhere. Or you'll need to save values from the response and resend them in your response.

Either way, not a PG issue.