config.xml documentation issues

Ronald K

Jul 29, 2016, 7:02:21 AM7/29/16
to phonegap
The config.xml reference at https://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/latest/config_ref/index.html has an example for the widget attribute android-versionCode: "0.1.3". That is a bad example, as the Android version code must be an integer (ref. https://developer.android.com/studio/publish/versioning.html ).

Also I'm wondering why the attribute android-packageName isn't documented here. It makes it possible to have a different ID (the reverse-domain identifier) for Android apps. Extremely useful in case you used different IDs for different platforms in the past (like me...).

(Id' love to have an easy way to report documentation issues. Currently the official way seems to be to make a pull request to a Github repo. Rather complicated, imho.)

Kerri Shotts

Jul 30, 2016, 3:38:54 PM7/30/16
to phonegap
You can file a JIRA issue. Reporting it here does little good (except let us readers know about it).

http://cordova.apache.org/contribute/issues.html