Apk not being built and many other cordova errors

Doc Jump

Aug 7, 2017, 3:10:38 PM8/7/17
to phonegap
I decided to spend a few hours yesterday finishing up my latest android/cordova/javascript app. I ended up achieving
nothing regarding my application and after ten hours of attempting to get cordova to build my app, I retired for the
evening. I spent the entire day attempting to get cordova to work properly. Nothing had changed, I had been building
my app all day the day before, but yesterday morning it refused to build a new apk file, even though the cli indicated
it had done exactly that. Okay, although I have no idea why this happens, I've seen it before and tried closing and
reopening the dos window and restarting the computer which had worked before. Neither worked. So then I tried
removing android and re-installing. Didn't work. Tried removing and reinstalling Cordova. Didn't work. Then node.js
and android sdk. None worked.
Along the way, I got several seemingly unrelated errors:

1. no api.js
2. Provided path is not an android project
3. tarbell.destroy not a function
4. Can't find gradle wrapper
5. Android SDK not found
6. cordovaProject.projectConfig.getFileResources is not a function
7. Cannot find module 'sax'
8. Undefined is not a function (my favorite).
Could not find gradle wrapper within Android sdk  is the latest appearing error.

Running Node 6.11.2, Cordova 7.0.1 (but also tried 6) and Android 6.2.2 (but also tried lower version).

Keep in mind that everything worked fine when I stopped working the night before.

I would like to know why cordova sometimes does not build an apk, but also I am angry with this development system
because it is affecting my ability to earn a living. I have been in this business for opver 40 years and never have I seen
such an unstable development environment. Consequently, I am doubting the reasons why I chose Cordova in the first
place. However, I need to finish this project and any help will be appreciated.

Doc Jump

Aug 7, 2017, 3:30:11 PM8/7/17
to phonegap
Today I removed and reinstalled and...@6.2.2 AGAIN for at least the 4th time and for whatever reason it built the apk! Problem solved but why it occurred in the first place and why this fix worked is a mystery!

Kerri Shotts

Aug 9, 2017, 12:07:22 PM8/9/17
to phonegap
Gah! I hate things that start working for seemingly no good reason! :-/