can't install ion-deploy on my mac

Jimboidaho

Jan 2, 2017, 3:11:41 PM1/2/17
to phonegap
I have almost everything working on my mac (never used one before) but I can't seem to deploy on iOS from my cordova app. I can build to the emulator but trying to deploy to me iPhone  6 I get an error that I need to install iOS-deploy. When I run sudo  npm install -g iso-deploy I get this error.

Any ideas?  Thanks.

james$ sudo npm install ios-deploy

npm WARN lifecycle ios-d...@1.9.0~preinstall: cannot run in wd %s %s (wd=%s) ios-d...@1.9.0 ./src/scripts/check_reqs.js && xcodebuild /node_modules/.staging/ios-deploy-943073ee

npm WARN enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/package.json'

npm WARN !invalid#1 No description

npm WARN !invalid#1 No repository field.

npm WARN !invalid#1 No README data

npm WARN !invalid#1 No license field.

npm ERR! Darwin 15.6.0

npm ERR! argv "/usr/local/bin/node" "/usr/local/bin/npm" "install" "ios-deploy"

npm ERR! node v7.3.0

npm ERR! npm  v3.10.10

npm ERR! path /node_modules/ios-deploy/build/Release/ios-deploy

npm ERR! code ENOENT

npm ERR! errno -2

npm ERR! syscall chmod

npm ERR! enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, chmod '/node_modules/ios-deploy/build/Release/ios-deploy'

npm ERR! enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, chmod '/node_modules/ios-deploy/build/Release/ios-deploy'

npm ERR! enoent This is most likely not a problem with npm itself

npm ERR! enoent and is related to npm not being able to find a file.

npm ERR! enoent

npm ERR! Please include the following file with any support request:

npm ERR!     /npm-debug.log

Jimboidaho

Jan 3, 2017, 10:23:53 AM1/3/17
to phonegap
Sorry I meant ios-deploy in the header.

Chris Griffith

Jan 3, 2017, 10:42:46 AM1/3/17
to phonegap
Have you tried doing this?
  1. Add the --unsafe-perm=true flag when installing ios-deploy
  2. Add the --allow-root flag when installing ios-deploy
  3. Ensure the nobody user has write access to /usr/local/lib/node_modules/ios-deploy/ios-deploy

Jimboidaho

Jan 3, 2017, 12:25:55 PM1/3/17
to phonegap
I tried the 1 and 2 and they didn't work except I just realized that I spelled unsafe wrong.  Sorry about that everyone.