Bing Map with PhoneGap instead of Google Maps.

anooj nair

Feb 14, 2012, 11:39:49 PM2/14/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Can anybody please guide on how can i use Bing Map with PhoneGap instead of Google Maps.

-Anooj.

zio budda

Feb 15, 2012, 2:49:24 AM2/15/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Me too please.

M.

--
Michel 'ZioBudda' Morelli                       mic...@ziobudda.net
Consulenza sistemistica in ambito OpenSource.

http://www.ziobudda.net                         ICQ: 58351764
http://www.ziobuddalabs.it                      Skype: zio_budda
http://www.ajaxblog.it                          MSN: mic...@ziobuddalabs.it

WebSteve

Feb 15, 2012, 10:50:34 AM2/15/12
to phonegap
LOL! I tried Bing Maps and when I gave an address near me, it
pinpointed it a full half-hour's drive away from it's true location! I
could never use that.

If memory serves, I think the tutorial was on sitepoint.com, in their
blog or article section, not their forums.

Regards,
Steve

Libby

Feb 15, 2012, 12:03:12 PM2/15/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anooj.

If you don't mind using jQuery or jQuery Mobile, there is a jQuery Plugin
for Bing Maps (easing pain, helping with advanced use) HERE. Check
out the examples for example code, etc.. As far as licensing etc - I think
you get free maps up to a certain number of hits.

By the same person that wrote the jQuery Google Maps plugin. If and when
I need dynamic maps, I always use this plugin.

Cheers,
Libby

SquireDude

Mar 7, 2012, 11:52:58 AM3/7/12
to phonegap
Hi Libby,

Thanks for the links to example code above. I am having an isseu
with the code.. let me back up a bit this is my first phone app also
new to Jscript, JQuery etc. I do not even know the difference between
jscript and jquery or jquery mobile.. So please excuse my silly
questions.

I followed you pointer to the example for
http://jquery-bing-maps.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/examples/jquery-bing-maps-geocoding-search.html
I am totally confised with the code samples. I have no idea what the
$ sign before each function means. I copied the code and files to my
project and created a new form for the code but it is NOT getting
executed that I cen tell.

I am trying to get a map loaded, I don't care if its Google or Bing to
be honest and have the mapt centered on a point in space (I will
define point by passing the lat & long to the map).

I have the code for everything workein except for showin ga dynamic
map! I have it showing a static map but it would be much better if
the map were dynamic.

Much thanks for any help you can offer.
Phill

On Feb 15, 9:03 am, Libby <libby.bald...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Anooj.
>
> If you don't mind using jQuery or jQuery Mobile, there is a jQuery Plugin
> for Bing Maps (easing pain, helping with advanced use) HERE<http://code.google.com/p/jquery-bing-maps/>.
> Check
> out the examples for example code, etc.. As far as licensing etc - I think
> you get free maps up to a certain number of hits.
>
> By the same person that wrote the jQuery Google Maps plugin<http://code.google.com/p/jquery-ui-map/wiki/Overview>.

Libby

Mar 12, 2012, 4:51:54 PM3/12/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Hi Phill.

Not silly questions..  but more for jquery or maps forum. Perhaps
by now you're more acquainted with jQuery notation, or sought
help on the maps forum?