Phonegap Desktop App User

Nathan Sullivan

Mar 29, 2015, 10:55:03 AM3/29/15
to phon...@googlegroups.com
To Phonegap Desktop Creators,

I have begun creating an application using the Phonegap Desktop Application using apple devices and a windows desktop computer.
I was following your instructions on the phonegap web page.
When I made it up to the instruction after downloading the application on my iPad I ran into the following issues;

-My IP Address would only be recognised if I typed in an extra ':3000'....... then the words 'Success' followed by the phone screen of "Phone Gap- Device is ready" in green on my iPad popped up.

-From there I followed the instruction to open the 'Index' link, which led me to the page <<attached in this comment>>.

-Even though on my iPad it stated the 'device is ready', the computer remained showing that <<attached>> page.

What can I do to fix this?
I have very minimal knowledge on HTML programming and the like, thus please try and keep the replies in simple format.
Thankyou for your support.
Capture.PNG

Steve Sobol - Lobos Studios

Mar 29, 2015, 12:08:12 PM3/29/15
to phon...@googlegroups.com
That sounds about right --

-the desktop app starts a web server on port 3000, which is why you must include :3000 as part of the url

-the demo app is doing exactly what it's supposed to do. It's a very simple app. It's meant to be used as a skeleton... You build on top of it.

--
Lobos Studios - Website and Mobile App Design & Development; IT Support; Computer Maintenance
Toll Free  877.919.4WEB - Apple Valley 760.684.8859 - Los Angeles 310.945.2410 - Cleveland 216.242.4010

For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "phonegap" group.
<Capture.PNG>