Help on Using Cordova/Phonegap or Ionic with Smart Card (Java Card)

Akinsanya Olanrewaju

Mar 28, 2015, 5:15:00 PM3/28/15
to phon...@googlegroups.com

Good day,

I have a project on building mobile app that read and write data to a smart card (java card), in form of text as a storage using a USB connector to an android mobile phone to communicate with the card.

But i know Ionic (cordova/ Javascript) does not have a plugin to read/write with smart card My research show that it can only be done with java, But i do not want to design the app from ground up using a native language cos i have loved working with ionic - cordova.

My Question, Is it possible to to write a service in java that will communicate with the smart card and return the value in json back to be used in javascript, Please i need help on this.

i need a help on ways to make this work, i dont want to believe that it is not possible, i need a resources, technic, materials that i can use to make this possible.

Thanks

jcesarmobile

Mar 30, 2015, 2:59:43 AM3/30/15
to phon...@googlegroups.com

Marlin Ouverson

Apr 2, 2015, 12:43:38 AM4/2/15
to phon...@googlegroups.com
El sábado, 28 de marzo de 2015, 22:15:00 (UTC+1), Akinsanya Olanrewaju escribió:

My Question, Is it possible to to write a service in java that will communicate with the smart card and return the value in json back to be used in javascript, Please i need help on this.

FORTH, Inc. did early work on smart cards for Europay. Not sure if they would provide outside programming services for your project, but you can ask via http://www.forth.com -- best wishes for you!

jo...@myaurea.es

Jan 5, 2018, 9:29:43 AM1/5/18
to phonegap
Hi Akinsaya,

Did you finally find/code a Cordova plugin for smart card readers?
I'm in the need of such a thing too.

Best regards,

Josep