How to install Phantom on Shared Hosting?

Irfan

Sep 10, 2015, 9:09:45 AM9/10/15
to phantomjs

We don't have any terminal authority in shared hosting. I want use phantom with PHP. I have also successful installed on my Localhost (MAMP). And try to upload directly installed folder on live site but not working.
How I Install phantom js. I am using jonnnnyw for php.

Sean McNamara

Sep 10, 2015, 9:42:47 AM9/10/15
to phan...@googlegroups.com
You can't*. That's the point of shared hosting. It's shared. If
everyone could run arbitrary terminal commands, each user could walk
all over the others, since they're all part of the same logical OS
installation (this would be possible, at least, without a very tight
security policy).

*: Some hosting providers might be willing to provide a binary of
PhantomJS if you ask nicely, or there may be ways to indirectly put it
on the system... but usually your challenge will be to set its
executable bit so you can run it.

If you replace "phantomjs" with "virus" in your question, you can
understand why the shared hosting provider wouldn't want to allow you
to do this.

A VPS or dedicated server is clearly the answer here.
> --
Message has been deleted

Irfan

Sep 11, 2015, 1:36:43 AM9/11/15
to phantomjs
Thanks for Response.
Is there any way to use phantomJs on live site.

Darren Cook

Sep 11, 2015, 3:14:59 AM9/11/15
to phan...@googlegroups.com
> Is there any way to use phantomJs on live site.

A quick google found: https://phantomjscloud.com/site/index.html

There may be others like that. The API looks to be usable from inside
JavaScript.

Darren

My new book: Data Push Apps with HTML5 SSE
Published by O'Reilly: (ask me for a discount code!)
http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920030928.do
Also on Amazon and at all good booksellers!