Linux Binaries for PhantomJS 2.0 are missing

karim....@viasat.com

Jun 27, 2016, 10:55:55 AM6/27/16
to phantomjs
Hi,

It looks like the Linux binaries (32 and 64 bit) are missing from the official download page for PhantomJS 2.0. Only Windows and OSX binaries are available.

It would be great if they are made available for consistency and convenience purposes. Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Karim

Vitaly Slobodin

Jun 27, 2016, 11:01:32 AM6/27/16
to phantomjs
Hi,

This is not a mistake. PhantomJS 2.0 was released without Linux binaries. Users have to build it from sources.
But the next (and current) release has binaries for Linux: http://phantomjs.org/download.html

Technical explanation: Linux binaries were not available because static linking was broken for Linux.

karim....@viasat.com

Jun 27, 2016, 11:13:08 AM6/27/16
to phantomjs
Hi,

Could you elaborate more on the static linking issue? Is there an issue associated with it?

Karim

Vitaly Slobodin

Jun 27, 2016, 11:18:48 AM6/27/16
to phantomjs
Yes, the problem was in Qt. They broke full static linking in 5.6 release. So we had to wait for the next patch release.

Associated issues:

Ariya Hidayat

Jun 27, 2016, 9:18:37 PM6/27/16
to phan...@googlegroups.com

Any reason why can't you use version 2.1?

karim....@viasat.com

Jun 28, 2016, 6:03:29 PM6/28/16
to phantomjs
We use it in conjunction with Highcharts. There seems to be issues with 2.1 and latest Highcharts release.

Karim