PhantomJS 1.3 "Water Lily"

Ariya Hidayat

Jun 25, 2011, 12:45:45 AM6/25/11
to phan...@googlegroups.com
First of all, I would to thank everyone who help me a lot with the
release 1.2, either through contributing the patches, testing
everything, creating packages, giving feedback, providing support and
so on. Without you, 1.2 would never see the light! It's a good feeling
and I hope you have the same joy as I do :)

When I started PhantomJS, I never thought it would be this
fascinating. Getting some interests from the integration testing folks
is awesome. In particular, I hope (we're getting there) PhantomJS can
be a nice solution for, among others, Ruby developers. Related to
this, hereby I designate the autumn release of PhantomJS, i.e. version
1.3, as "Water Lily", an autumn flower considered by many to be the
"jewels of the pond".

Let's aim for September 23 for the release date. It's equinox, and
it's autumn (northern hemisphere).

Rock on!

--
Ariya

Ivan De Marino

Jun 25, 2011, 4:44:12 AM6/25/11
to phan...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to you for having shared your idea ;)
And... I like the 1.3 name :)

Ivan De Marino
Front End Developer @ Betfair

Sent from my iPhone 4

Justin Meltzer

Jun 26, 2011, 1:57:09 AM6/26/11
to phan...@googlegroups.com
Awesome! Consider making it a Heroku Add-on  :)

Ariya Hidayat

Jun 26, 2011, 2:52:10 AM6/26/11
to phan...@googlegroups.com
> Awesome! Consider making it a Heroku Add-on  :)

Next week let's see if someone asks for Amazon EC2, Google AppEngine, etc.

Seriously, integration with whatever application platform out there is
way beyond the scope of PhantomJS project.

--
Ariya Hidayat
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ariyahidayat

Ivan De Marino

Jun 28, 2011, 10:08:29 AM6/28/11
to phan...@googlegroups.com
Well, Justin, out of curiosity I took a look at what it actually is an Heroku Add-on.

I believe PhantomJS needs to stick with the simple, and focus on a specific, small set of functionalities.
Expanding the project into "external areas" would be very damaging.

It's Ruby code after all. Why don't you (or any other Ruby dev/Heroku entusiast) picks this up?
You could start a GitHub project that depends/uses phantomjs and wraps it into an Add-on.

Ivan