Javascript works on tomcat 7 not works on tomcat 6

Mario Giammarco

Apr 15, 2015, 8:17:49 AM4/15/15
to phan...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I am using phantomjs 1.9 via selenium to scrape an ajax web page.

In my test lab I use java7 and tomcat7 and my code works perfectly.

In production with java7 and tomcat6 it does not work (the click on a button does not trigger javascript so new page does not get loaded)

So I have tried in my test lab:

-java 6 and tomcat 6: it does not work
-java 7 and tomcat 6: it does not work

In all cases an external phantomjs process is spawn and it connects to java code.

So apparently the tomcat version is the thing that cause the failure.

It seems very strange to me, can you help me?
How can I debug it?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Mario

James M. Greene

Apr 15, 2015, 9:06:30 AM4/15/15
to phan...@googlegroups.com

I'd suggest comparing the response headers, response body, and response encoding (charset, compression, etc.).