countdown to PhantomJS 1.5 "Ghost Flower"

Ariya Hidayat

Mar 16, 2012, 2:27:38 AM3/16/12
to phan...@googlegroups.com
Folks,

Few days till March Equinox, which is the day I will tag 1.5.

Following the tradition (see
http://code.google.com/p/phantomjs/wiki/ReleaseNames), for this spring
release, I cast the code name "Ghost Flower". This spring flower is
rather beautiful actually. California, where I now reside, is one of
its native home. In addition, I'm sure you'll notice the significance
of the first word in the name :)

Thank you!

Regards,

--
Ariya Hidayat, http://ariya.ofilabs.com

舆论宣传员 和谐的

Mar 20, 2012, 1:14:32 AM3/20/12
to phantomjs
cheers for the new version

On 3月16日, 下午2时27分, Ariya Hidayat <ariya.hida...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Few days till March Equinox, which is the day I will tag 1.5.
>
> Following the tradition (seehttp://code.google.com/p/phantomjs/wiki/ReleaseNames), for this spring

Ariya Hidayat

Mar 20, 2012, 3:02:44 AM3/20/12
to phan...@googlegroups.com
I've created 1.5 branch. If nothing goes awfully wrong, I'll tag this
as 1.5.0 in about 24 hours or less.

Looking at the current state, there are still rough edges due to the
amount stuff going in in the last few weeks or so. I believe we need
to relax the patch release restriction and will probably put more than
just "critical bug fixes" into 1.5.1.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Ariya Hidayat

Mar 21, 2012, 1:12:47 AM3/21/12
to phan...@googlegroups.com
1.5.0 is tagged! Source tarballs are also being made available in the
Download section.

Many thanks to everyone who contributed to this release! Enjoy.

Ariya Hidayat

Mar 21, 2012, 10:57:38 AM3/21/12
to phan...@googlegroups.com
I'm uploading Mac OS X static build. I'm fairly sure it works only
from Snow Leopard and newer versions.

If anyone has a Leopard (x86) system and needs PhantomJS, contact me
directly. I may be able to compile a special version which can be
tested for Leopard compatibility. If that works, we can use that setup
for everyone.

Thanks!

Regards,

JP Richardson

Mar 21, 2012, 11:19:26 PM3/21/12
to phan...@googlegroups.com
Awesome, thanks for your hard work on this! Any idea when the Linux build will be posted?

Thanks again.

-JP

Ariya Hidayat

Mar 21, 2012, 11:41:55 PM3/21/12
to phan...@googlegroups.com
I've built something based on Jon's previous method of creating
dynamic Linux package. This was compiled and tested on Ubuntu Lucid
32-bit VM. Please have a look and test it and see if it works for you:

http://temp-share.com/show/KdPf3154h

(with the following md5sum: c291499cfb10c93ef9ae423ab682520e phantomjs.tar.gz)

Ariya Hidayat

Mar 22, 2012, 12:57:26 AM3/22/12
to phan...@googlegroups.com
Just as heads-up, I'm updating the documentation wiki slowly over the
next few days. Don't be shocked if it does not contain various new
goodies in 1.5 yet.

Regards,

Reza Primardiansyah

Mar 22, 2012, 1:36:54 AM3/22/12
to phan...@googlegroups.com
I have Snow Leopard. Is it OK?

cooper

Mar 22, 2012, 1:49:08 AM3/22/12
to phantomjs
I have compiled the 1.5 source on my ubuntu 11.04. 32bits

Following the install instrument, the build procedure is pretty simple
and smooth.

Don't be afraid of giving a try.

Ariya Hidayat

Mar 22, 2012, 1:59:24 AM3/22/12
to phan...@googlegroups.com
> I have Snow Leopard. Is it OK?

No, Leopard and Snow Leopard are not the same.

I already tackled Snow Leopard, that's why I wrote "....it works only
from Snow Leopard and newer versions.".

Jon Leighton

Mar 22, 2012, 4:58:20 AM3/22/12
to phan...@googlegroups.com
This seems to work fine (tried on Fedora 16 x86_64 ;)

I am planning to compile a 64 bit package on a Lucid VM tonight. [Meant
to do 32 and 64 last night be this morning I found that there were
missing headers I can to install.]

Jon

On 22/03/12 03:41, Ariya Hidayat wrote:
> I've built something based on Jon's previous method of creating
> dynamic Linux package. This was compiled and tested on Ubuntu Lucid
> 32-bit VM. Please have a look and test it and see if it works for you:
>
> http://temp-share.com/show/KdPf3154h
>
> (with the following md5sum: c291499cfb10c93ef9ae423ab682520e phantomjs.tar.gz)

--
http://jonathanleighton.com/

Ariya Hidayat

Mar 22, 2012, 10:28:09 AM3/22/12
to phan...@googlegroups.com
Hacker News discussion: http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=3738877.
Seems to be quite positive so far!

Danny Wang

Mar 22, 2012, 10:42:51 AM3/22/12
to phan...@googlegroups.com
Nice! So glad to see more and more people start to use it

Dustin Whitney

Mar 22, 2012, 11:19:06 AM3/22/12
to phan...@googlegroups.com
Great work!

Ivan De Marino

Mar 22, 2012, 12:49:56 PM3/22/12
to phan...@googlegroups.com
I might have to submit another patch for the POST/PUT issue in the webserver.

Using QVariants doesn't work as expected always.
--
Ivan De Marino
Coder, Technologist, Cook, Italian

blog.ivandemarino.me | www.linkedin.com/in/ivandemarino | twitter.com/detronizator

Ariya Hidayat

Mar 23, 2012, 1:19:20 AM3/23/12
to phan...@googlegroups.com
> This seems to work fine (tried on Fedora 16 x86_64 ;)
>
> I am planning to compile a 64 bit package on a Lucid VM tonight. [Meant to
> do 32 and 64 last night be this morning I found that there were missing
> headers I can to install.]

Would you be willing to take care of the 32-bit package as well? Since
your setup was working well for 1.4, that does make sense, doesn't it?
I also want to avoid unwanted discrepancies between my 32-bit build
attempt and your 64-bit package.

Thanks!

Regards,

Jon Leighton

Mar 23, 2012, 4:50:55 AM3/23/12
to phan...@googlegroups.com
On 23/03/12 05:19, Ariya Hidayat wrote:
>> This seems to work fine (tried on Fedora 16 x86_64 ;)
>>
>> I am planning to compile a 64 bit package on a Lucid VM tonight. [Meant to
>> do 32 and 64 last night be this morning I found that there were missing
>> headers I can to install.]
>
> Would you be willing to take care of the 32-bit package as well? Since
> your setup was working well for 1.4, that does make sense, doesn't it?
> I also want to avoid unwanted discrepancies between my 32-bit build
> attempt and your 64-bit package.

Yep that's fine, I had intended to but then I saw that you had made a
package :)

--
http://jonathanleighton.com/