Phalcon on StackOverflow

Antonio Lopez

Sep 3, 2012, 5:47:48 PM9/3/12
to pha...@googlegroups.com
after reading this idea -> https://phalcon.uservoice.com/forums/154026-general/suggestions/3127696-give-more-publicity-to-the-phalcon-tag-on-stack-

I totally agree with Tim, requesting support about Phalcon on StackOverflow, will help to increase the framework's popularity. I think, phalcon is great ... and I'm sure many programmers don't even know it

Nikolaos Dimopoulos

Sep 3, 2012, 6:07:55 PM9/3/12
to pha...@googlegroups.com
I agree too.

Frankly I kinda forgot uservoice and haven't checked it for ages, despite the fact that I posted a couple suggestions there myself.

StackOverflow is a really busy site that can provide additional exposure to the project. I have added a bit of verbiage in the tag's wiki. I will start adding certain questions and answering them myself so as to get a bit more content there :)

Nikos

The contents of this message may contain confidential or privileged information and is intended solely for the recipient(s). Use or distribution to and by any other party is not authorized. If you are not the intended recipient, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited.

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 5:47 PM, Antonio Lopez <alanto...@gmail.com> wrote:
after reading this idea -> https://phalcon.uservoice.com/forums/154026-general/suggestions/3127696-give-more-publicity-to-the-phalcon-tag-on-stack-

I totally agree with Tim, requesting support about Phalcon on StackOverflow, will help to increase the framework's popularity. I think, phalcon is great ... and I'm sure many programmers don't even know it

Tim Post

Sep 4, 2012, 1:59:40 AM9/4/12
to pha...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I was instantly excited and curious about Phalcon (C is my primary language). It's like a marriage between the two things I use the most. It would definitely see a broader community if more questions appeared on SO. I was really amazed that more had not surfaced.

I'm right now in the 'GTKY' stage when it comes to Phalcon, so I'm not sure how much help I'll be initially to *answer* questions (mods are also quite busy with the volume of flags we receive), but I'm keeping an eye on the tag and making myself available if any help is needed should the developers want to give more exposure to the tag. A good example of another project taking advantage of Stack Exchange is Synergy:

They link to Superuser, however the idea is the same and has worked really well for quite a while now.

Cheers,
--Tim

Nikolaos Dimopoulos

Sep 4, 2012, 8:09:01 AM9/4/12
to pha...@googlegroups.com
I started answering my own questions, primarily taken from the Google Groups and tagging them with Phalcon. At the moment it is a slow process since my reputation is below 10 so I have to wait for 7 hours before I post the answer but soon I will be above that and will be able to contribute more in that respect.

I am going to create an intermediate page in the website regarding support so as to promote Stack Overflow and its use as well as Google Groups. The more exposure the better.

I have set notification alarms in Stack Exchange regarding phalcon so I am too monitoring the tag :)

Nikos

The contents of this message may contain confidential or privileged information and is intended solely for the recipient(s). Use or distribution to and by any other party is not authorized. If you are not the intended recipient, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited.

Tim Post

Sep 4, 2012, 10:56:49 PM9/4/12
to pha...@googlegroups.com
I've given the tag wiki a little more love:

I'm pretty sure I have a link to just about everything someone would want. One of the quirks of tag wikis is, they don't get a lot of visibility from just casual use of the site. You have to know that they exist and why in order for them to be useful. So, it's not really there for people to _find_, just a handy link that gives someone a lot of information in one place. When more questions have been added, the FAQ feature of the tag will be a bit more useful and interesting.

I saw one of the questions you wrote and you're doing it correctly. I left a comment under one that you can point to if someone questions your motivation for asking and self answering so many times. Just make sure that your answers can stand on their own if a link breaks (we have a *major* problem with link rot) and you should be good to go. I've alerted the other site mods as well.

Given that Phalcon is of interest to a much wider range of programmers than most frameworks, I think this will be a very interesting tag :)

Cheers,
--Tim

Eduar Carvajal

Sep 4, 2012, 11:02:55 PM9/4/12
to pha...@googlegroups.com
Hello Tim, Good thanks

2012/9/4 Tim Post <tink...@gmail.com>
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/phalcon/-/uZhITCnP4GYJ.

Eduar Agusto Carvajal Diaz
Sales/Public Relations
Phalcon PHP
M: 57 1 (3014114428)

Eduar Carvajal

Sep 4, 2012, 11:09:30 PM9/4/12
to pha...@googlegroups.com
I'm Sorry. I mean, thanks your support

Nikolaos Dimopoulos

Sep 4, 2012, 11:22:50 PM9/4/12
to pha...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Tim. It looks great! I will review the SO questions in the morning as per your suggestions: )

Tim Post

Sep 5, 2012, 12:34:43 PM9/5/12
to pha...@googlegroups.com
I have created a chat room for Phalcon here:

Once devs have joined I will grant room ownership and bow out of the room governance, beyond my capacity as a moderator. Question authors will still need to earn a minimal amount of rep (20) to be able to participate. I linked to it on the tag wiki.

It looks like things are going well so far. A few mods are keeping an eye on things to make sure the transition goes well. There's only one user with close vote capabilities watching the tag, so feel free to flag if  some lump of unanswerable junk shows up (it will, it's just a matter of time).

Cheers,
--Tim

Nikolaos Dimopoulos

Sep 5, 2012, 12:56:37 PM9/5/12
to pha...@googlegroups.com
twistedxtra is Andres so he is definitely one of the owners/developers. Not sure about Eduar yet.

I have also added the SO chat room in the support page of the main site.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/phalcon/-/LRWlHsu7GCUJ.