Exception on call to isValid() method

Jeff Lanzarotta

Mar 5, 2007, 12:16:50 PM3/5/07
Hello,

I am receiving the following exception when I call the isValid() method on a database Connection object.

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.AbstractMethodError: org.postgresql.jdbc3.Jdbc3Connection.isValid(I)Z

Any idea why this Exception would be thrown?

FYI: Before calling isValid() I do make sure that the the Connection object is not null.

Regards,

Jeff

http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate

Kris Jurka

Mar 5, 2007, 12:21:21 PM3/5/07

On Mon, 5 Mar 2007, Jeff Lanzarotta wrote:

> I am receiving the following exception when I call the isValid() method
> on a database Connection object.
>
> Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.AbstractMethodError:
> org.postgresql.jdbc3.Jdbc3Connection.isValid(I)Z
>
> Any idea why this Exception would be thrown?

isValid is a JDBC4 method and you have a JDBC3 driver.

Kris Jurka

subscribe-nomail command to majo...@postgresql.org so that your

Jeff Lanzarotta

Mar 5, 2007, 12:54:29 PM3/5/07
OK, thanks. I will look for a JDBC4 driver...

Kris Jurka

http://archives.postgresql.org

Jeff Lanzarotta

Mar 5, 2007, 1:34:48 PM3/5/07
OK, found the JDBC4 driver. Now I get,

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Method org.postgresql.jdbc4.Jdbc4Connection.isValid(int) is not yet implemented.
at org.postgresql.Driver.notImplemented(Driver.java:728)
at org.postgresql.jdbc4.AbstractJdbc4Connection.isValid(AbstractJdbc4Connection.java:53)
at org.postgresql.jdbc4.Jdbc4Connection.isValid(Jdbc4Connection.java:21)

isValid() is an abstract method. So, am I to assume that the driver itself does not have isValid() implemented?