Help with this exception...

Venkatesh Babu

Jan 10, 2005, 9:21:24 AM1/10/05
Hello,

I am getting this particular exception while testing
our application on postgres (we recently migrated our
application(which was earlier running fine on Oracle)
to postgres)...

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: could not
write to hash-join temporary file: No space left on
device

However, I have lot of disk space free (around 65 GB
of disk space is free)... The exception stack trace is
shown below:

at
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException.parseServerError(PSQLException.java:139)
at
org.postgresql.core.QueryExecutor.executeV3(QueryExecutor.java:152)
at
org.postgresql.core.QueryExecutor.execute(QueryExecutor.java:100)
at
org.postgresql.core.QueryExecutor.execute(QueryExecutor.java:43)
at
org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc1Statement.java:517)
at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:50)
at
org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Statement.executeQuery(AbstractJdbc1Statement.java:233)
at
com.trilogy.database.JDBCPreparable.executeQueryRaw(JDBCPreparable.java:300)
at
com.trilogy.database.JDBCPreparable.executeQuery(JDBCPreparable.java:286)
at
com.trilogy.sc.query.OQLHeavyRecordset.init(OQLHeavyRecordset.java:68)
at
com.trilogy.sc.query.OQLHeavyRecordset.<init>(OQLHeavyRecordset.java:45)
at
com.trilogy.sc.local.Persister$7.act(Persister.java:733)
at
com.trilogy.sc.local.Persister.transact(Persister.java:111)
at
com.trilogy.sc.local.Persister.executeQuery(Persister.java:744)
at
com.trilogy.sc.local.Persister.executeQuery(Persister.java:685)
at
com.trilogy.sc.local.Persister.executeQuery(Persister.java:680)
at
com.trilogy.sc.local.SCLocalSession.executeQuery(SCLocalSession.java:245)
at
com.trilogy.sc.SCQuery.execute(SCQuery.java:57)

Does this error have anything to do with the query
that our application executes, in which case I need to
modify the particular query... In the current
situation I cannot give details about the SQL query
that is getting executed because the query in our
application is written in a custom language OQL and
the OQL parser is mapping the query to SQL query
statement... Hence, changing query may be bit of
difficult task. So, may I know as to whether we can
get rid of this exception by changing certain postgres
settings?

Thank you,
Venkatesh

http://my.yahoo.com

joining column's datatypes do not match

Dave Cramer

Jan 10, 2005, 9:32:15 AM1/10/05

Apparently you do not have lots of space on the disk that the server is on.

Dave

Venkatesh Babu wrote:

--
Dave Cramer