Sponsoring PostgreSQL Magazine for PGCON 2012

PostgreSQL Magazine

Mar 23, 2012, 11:39:46 AM3/23/12
to pg...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Below is a sponsorship proposition to send copies of the magazine at
PGCon in May. Please forward this message to any organization that you
think would be interested by helping us.

-------------------

In 2011, we released a "demo issue" that was distributed in several
conferences such as PGCon 2011, PG Open 2011, PG Conf Europe 2011,
FOSDEM 2012...

See http://pgmag.org/00/read to have a look at this demo issue.

After one year of work, we are able to launch the first issue of the
magazine in April. This issue #01 will have 36 pages of high quality
photos and selected content.

We are currently looking for help to bring 200+ free copies to the
attendees of PGCon 2012.

Our proposition is simple : we're looking for a company to be the
"Printing Sponsor" of the magazine for PGCon.

We offer the full 4th cover page (full color / A4 format) to put an
advertisement at the back of the magazine. This is will be the one and
only advertisement in the magazine. You will also be credited on our
website.

In return, we ask you to handle completely the printing of 200 copies of
the magazine AND its shipping to Ottawa, Canada at least one week before
PGCon starts. If you want to print more than 200 copies and keep the
remainings, you are welcome to do so.

To give you an hint on the costs : in Europe printing 200 copies upon
quality paper (170g A4 format) would cost 1000 EUR w/out VAT (approx.
1315 USD). The shipping of course will depend on how far from Ottawa is
the printing service you will find. For the record, Dan Langille uses
Staples : http://www.staplescopyandprint.ca/

We feel that is "printing sponsorship" is a great opportunity for your
company to get more visibility and to support the very first PostgreSQL
dedicated print media.

If you're interested by this opportunity, please send us an email at
con...@pgmag.org. Please note that this proposition is available
for only one company and until April 23th, 2012.

For more details see : http://pgmag.org/wiki/sponsors

Of course if you have any questions about this offer, please send us an
email at con...@pgmag.org

--
damien clochard
PostgreSQL Magazine Executive Editor