Issue #01 : Prepress proofing

PostgreSQL Magazine

Apr 29, 2012, 3:54:31 PM4/29/12
to pg...@googlegroups.com

Here's the prepress proofing file to be printed and shipped to PGCon
2012, thanks to EnterpriseDB.

Beware ! the file is huge (186Mo), the download may take a while:

http://www.cgemy.com/public/pgmag/issue-01-cedric-Letter+advertisEnterPriseDB-2.pdf

If you have anything to say, this is your very last chance.

Please don't send this link to anyone outside the pgmag mailing list.
This prepress proofing is not appropriate for the web. In a few hours,
we will release a web-friendly edition of the issue #01.

The official announce of the release of PGMAG #01 is scheduled at May
1st, 21:00 CEST.

Thanks.

--
damien clochard
PostgreSQL Magazine Editor in Chief

Gregory Youngblood

Apr 30, 2012, 1:11:50 AM4/30/12
to pg...@googlegroups.com
Is it just me, but I'm not seeing some of the changes from http://pgmag.org/wiki/01/last_check in the linked pdf.

I accidentally closed the PDF and am having problems getting again to confirm details.

Looking at Last Check I think at last page 2 and page 16 weren't updated, but I'm not sure.

It's slowly downloading again. I'll double check tomorrow sometime.

Gregory Youngblood

Apr 30, 2012, 12:57:45 PM4/30/12
to pg...@googlegroups.com
The download finished last night and I only had a few minutes to spot things this morning.

After running through the last chance page and the PDF it appears most things are in there, though there were a few that weren't. Or the changes weren't as indicated on the last chance page.

Comments about changes that had no -> indicator seemed not to be done in the page.

Might I suggest for next version instead of a wiki for changes we look at some kind of ticket system where comments can be tracked/noted and managed?

Greg