Content Editing

damien clochard

Nov 20, 2011, 5:40:46 PM11/20/11
to pg...@googlegroups.com
Hi !

In a previous e-mail, I asked for help for the "content editing" part.
I realize that i have not defined what I mean by that and this job may
not be well-known for people who don't how the press media works.

In a nutshell, the content editor is the link between the writer of an
article and the layout editor. He receives the text from the writer and
then he makes formatting changes, corrections and other improvements to
the text. His goal is that the layout editor may not have to modify the
text.

I started writing some common guidelines here :
http://pgmag.org/wiki/content_editor_guidelines

Anyway if you want to try this, here 4 simple tasks that you can take in
charge :

* Gather information about the forthcoming events
* Summarize the PGWN from the last 6 month
* Find an article about PostgresQL on Mac OSX Lion
* Merge various skytools articles into a single one

Here's a complete view of the to do list :
http://pgmag.org/wiki/01/content_editing

So if you want to help buidling the magazine, now is the good time !
Don't hesitate to send me an email if you have any question.

Regards,

--
damien clochard
dalibo.com | dalibo.org