Tagging of test, --dryrun (and output of filename)

Frank Behrens

Dec 18, 2014, 3:58:53 AM12/18/14
to pes...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

this is kind of a feature request discussion.

I have to use tags in my test, as I dont want to ran all of them all the time.
So for me the tagging is very useful.

Are there any ideas about

1) output of tags in the describe line (maybe like like @tag1 @tag2)

2) having a paramenter that only displays the File/Describe/It texts but do not run the test
Rspec has --dry-run flag, which "Print the formatter output of your suite without running any examples or hooks"

If there is positice feedback I will put this into a pull request,
while consider any directions.

Frank

PS I like to have the outut of the filename, too

Dave Wyatt

Dec 18, 2014, 7:53:13 AM12/18/14
to pes...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure how feasible this is at the moment.  It would be easy to modify the It command to not execute the fixture if a "dry run" switch was used, but you probably still have some sort of code execution happening in your Describe and Context blocks, and keeping that code from executing would be much more tricky for us to implement.

Outputting the file name at the console is something that's currently under review.  If nothing else, it'll probably happen in v4.