Proposal for a 2nd GSoC meetup

Sathyam Vellal

Jan 28, 2014, 10:22:08 AM1/28/14
to pes-ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi all!

How about having a 2nd GSoC meetup on February 8th (next Saturday)? The agenda is simple. We've already talked about what GSoC is in the previous session and we can guide students on how to choose orgs, write proposals and how they probably could go about learning the technology required for the orgs they want to apply for (which is mostly a Q&A session).

The date is ideally placed considering that GSoC 2014 timeline has been shifted earlier by a month. By Feb 8, orgs will be preparing (or prepared) their idea page and gives a month's time for students to prepare (10th March, student applications start). Also, PESIT will have T1 from Feb 17 which rules out Feb 15 and Feb 22 as possible dates.

In case, logistics don't serve well, we can surely pop up and meet over IRC. Opinions?

Best
Sathyam M Vellal | Software Engineer, Intern | PayPal | Bangalore, India

Pratheek M S

Jan 29, 2014, 6:06:57 AM1/29/14
to pes-ope...@googlegroups.com
Hello sathyam,

Feb 8th clashes with freedomhack. As you said, we should decide this over IRC..

Regards,
pratheek ms

Sathyam Vellal

Jan 29, 2014, 7:03:08 AM1/29/14
to pes-ope...@googlegroups.com

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 4:36 PM, Pratheek M S <prathee...@gmail.com> wrote:
Feb 8th clashes with freedomhack. As you said, we should decide this over IRC..

Yeah that's what I meant by logistics not going well! But the date is kind of ideal.

Sathyam Vellal

Jan 30, 2014, 12:41:50 PM1/30/14
to pes-ope...@googlegroups.com
Heads up people, we need to announce soon!
Shall we go with an IRC meet?

Sathyam M Vellal | Software Engineer, Intern | PayPal | Bangalore, India

Sathyam Vellal

Jan 31, 2014, 11:27:56 AM1/31/14
to pes-ope...@googlegroups.com
Just to inform, we're going to have an IRC meet on the night of Feb 10 (Monday), around 9:00 PM

Sathyam M Vellal | Software Engineer, Intern | PayPal | Bangalore, India

Shrikrishna Holla

Jan 31, 2014, 11:33:48 AM1/31/14
to pes-ope...@googlegroups.com
sounds good

--

---

Shrikrishna Holla
VII Semester Information Science student at PESIT, Bangalore
Github | LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | srikrishna_holla on Skype | shrikrishna on freenode irc