[discussion] PES Summer of Code 2014

Sathyam Vellal

Jan 28, 2014, 10:09:38 AM1/28/14
to pes-ope...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone!

Its time we start discussing about PESSoC 2014. If the program is to continue the same as the previous two iterations, then there isn't much to discuss other than the timeline for the program. However, it'll be really encouraging for the whole community if we come out of the PESIT shell and move our Summer of Code program online.

For those who are unaware, PESSoC was strictly open to PESIT students only, the primary reason being that mentors could physically meet the students and interact with them. Also, most other colleges had their summer holidays starting at least a month later. It was (and still is) difficult to accommodate students from other colleges in this program as the timeline is primarily synced with that of PESIT.

Considering this, do you think we should go online and if so, what solution(s) do you propose for moving the program online, at least optimally?

We'll discuss over various solutions, their pros and cons in the coming weeks and decide on revising our Summer of Code rules.

Best
Sathyam M Vellal | Software Engineer, Intern | PayPal | Bangalore, India