Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Shrikrishna Holla

no leída,
16 dic 2013, 14:09:1016/12/13
a pes-ope...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone,
This thread is regarding a project called Optimus, which intends to build an IRC bot to administer, monitor and assist in the maintenance of PES OpenSource community's irc channel. We do already have a bot named penny, who maintained the logs. Target of Optimus is to achieve a lot more than logging - ie, scheduling meetings, tracking github issues etc.

The project is hosted in github at https://github.com/pesos/optimus . Further details regarding tech stack, features etc are in https://github.com/pesos/optimus/wiki

Pros
  - You will learn node.js and probably few more amazing technologies like NLTK, Celery
  - You will gain understanding of the asynchronous model of execution, distributed processing using task queues, natural language processing ...
  - Building architecture in a modular fashion. You will be using frameworks in different languages, tools that use different protocols etc. Making them communicate with each other, and building in such a way that they can be easily replaced will be a useful experience to have
  - Have fun (literally) and build something amazing at the same time

Cons
  - Learning curve may be a little bit high if you are new to the event model
  - It may not be possible to achieve a polished product in the initial versions
  - Even after completion, won't really be a groundbreaking invention - all individual components are already implemented, somewhere
  - Some ideas may really be too crazy to be possible (worth a shot, though)

Do comment on this thread if you wish to contribute

--
Shrikrishna Holla
VII Semester Information Science student at PESIT, Bangalore

Shrikrishna Holla

no leída,
18 dic 2013, 8:24:1918/12/13
a pes-ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi all!
I'll be beginning the work on optimus this saturday at open hack weekend (https://www.facebook.com/events/689827647701604/). If any of you are attending and are interested, let's hack together!

So long,
Shrikrishna

Pratheek M S

no leída,
20 dic 2013, 8:43:1820/12/13
a pes-ope...@googlegroups.com
hey srikrishna,

I'm attending open hack weekend too. I would like to work on optimus, but according to the agenda we are expected to build small hacks which can be completed by the end of hackathon. What exactly do you have in mind for tomorrow. ? And of course, let's hack together !

Shrikrishna Holla

no leída,
20 dic 2013, 10:37:4120/12/13
a pes-ope...@googlegroups.com

Hey prateek!
For tomorrow, I hoped to get a minimal product out - one that keeps the logs and implementing a few basic commands related to fetching logs - searching through the history for instance.
Let's keep NLP in the back burner for now as the time may not be sufficient. If we can get a v0.1 out by Sunday, that'll be a great boost for the project.
Anything that we can implement in addition to this will be a bonus

The most important target tomorrow, though, will be to work on the architecture. We can improve on the features anytime, but having a robust architecture from the beginning is crucial. (Tempted to cite examples here)

Looking forward to hacking with you!
Shrikrishna

--

---