Deleting classes corrupts the db?

Dustin M

Jan 27, 2009, 3:41:54 PM1/27/09
to Persevere
In getting started with new object prototypes, I tried creating a
class and then later deleting it (with or without creating instances
of it). Whenever I do that, either from the config file or from the
database explorer UI, subsequent restarts of the server are fatal with
the below errors. Is there a cleaner way to delete a class that won't
make this happen?

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at org.persvr.data.ObjectId.idForString(ObjectId.java:54)
at org.persvr.security.CapabilityUser.usersTable
(CapabilityUser.java:374
)
at org.persvr.security.CapabilityUser.<clinit>
(CapabilityUser.java:123)
at org.persvr.job.Upgrade.execute(Upgrade.java:11)

java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast to
java.util.Map
at org.persvr.data.DataSourceManager.<clinit>
(DataSourceManager.java:149
)
at org.persvr.data.ObjectId.idForString(ObjectId.java:54)
at org.persvr.security.CapabilityUser.usersTable
(CapabilityUser.java:374
)
at org.persvr.security.CapabilityUser.<clinit>
(CapabilityUser.java:123)
at org.persvr.job.Upgrade.execute(Upgrade.java:11)
at org.persvr.remote.PersevereFilter.init(PersevereFilter.java:
109)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.FilterHolder.doStart
(FilterHolder.java:97)
at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start
(AbstractLifeCycle.java:
39)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.initialize
(ServletHandler.ja
va:593)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Context.startContext(Context.java:
140)
at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startContext
(WebAppContext.jav
a:1220)

Kris Zyp

Jan 27, 2009, 4:17:34 PM1/27/09
to persevere...@googlegroups.com
You are simply creating a class, deleting it, and restarting Persevere?
Are you using the latest release version 0.9.29 or the nightly build? I
can't seem to reproduce this in the nightly.
Kris

Dustin M

Jan 27, 2009, 5:11:26 PM1/27/09
to Persevere
Hey Kris,
I looked into it further and it turns out it is caused simply by
having generated.js open in an editor at the time I try to start
persevere. Close the editor and it loads fine. Sorry if you wasted any
time trying to repro - I thought I had established a pretty clean
setup to test with before posting, but didn't expect that kind of
issue =/. Hopefully someone else is helped out by this when searching
the boards.

Dustin