can't create the first user using latest svn build

dtynan

Mar 26, 2009, 10:40:12 PM3/26/09
to Persevere
I'm not sure if this is a bug that got picked up in the very latest
svn, or if I'm doing something weird...

I checkout a new copy in a new directory.
I run ant from the main directory, it builds.
I cd into builds/persevere
I run java -jar start.jar
Starts up & runs fine
I pull up the Explorer.html interface, which is fine
Click Grant Access, click Register, put in username & pw, it says I'm
registered, asks me to login.
I put in the login info & it fails with this message:
"InternalError: Executing a method on Class/User is not permitted, you
do not have execute permission"
in the login window and logs the text below to the server console.
Note that I did all this as root ... and I've done it twice, same
results.

2009-03-26 19:33:34.000::INFO: Started
SelectChann...@0.0.0.0:8080
Type "help" at the console for more information
js>
undefined
js>org.mozilla.javascript.EcmaError: TypeError: A value is required
for property members (function#3)
at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.constructError
(ScriptRuntime.java:3654)
at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.constructError
(ScriptRuntime.java:3632)
at
org.persvr.data.PersistableClass.addPropertyToValidationError(Unknown
Source)
at org.persvr.data.PersistableClass.enforceSchemaForProperty
(Unknown Source)
at
org.persvr.data.PersistableClass.enforceObjectIsValidBySchema(Unknown
Source)
at org.persvr.data.RestMethod$4.runMethod(Unknown Source)
at org.persvr.data.RestMethod.call(Unknown Source)
at org.persvr.data.Method.call(Unknown Source)
at org.persvr.data.Transaction.restActions(Unknown Source)
at org.persvr.data.Transaction.commit(Unknown Source)
at org.persvr.data.PersistableObject.commitIfImmediate(Unknown
Source)
at org.persvr.data.PersistableObject.put(Unknown Source)
at org.persvr.security.Capability.put(Unknown Source)
at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptableObject.putProperty
(ScriptableObject.java:1729)
at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.setObjectProp
(ScriptRuntime.java:1557)
at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.setObjectProp
(ScriptRuntime.java:1547)
at org.mozilla.javascript.gen.c4._c1(function:3)
at org.mozilla.javascript.gen.c4.call(function)
at org.mozilla.javascript.ContextFactory.doTopCall
(ContextFactory.java:398)
at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.doTopCall
(ScriptRuntime.java:3065)
at org.mozilla.javascript.gen.c4.call(function)
at org.persvr.data.Method.call(Unknown Source)
at org.persvr.data.Method.call(Unknown Source)
at org.persvr.data.PersistableClass.doConstruction(Unknown
Source)
at org.persvr.data.PersistableClass.instantiate(Unknown
Source)
at org.persvr.data.PersistableClass.call(Unknown Source)
at org.persvr.Persevere.newObject(Unknown Source)
at org.persvr.security.Capability$2$1.run(Unknown Source)
at org.persvr.security.UserSecurity.doPriviledgedAction
(Unknown Source)
at org.persvr.security.Capability$2.call(Unknown Source)
at org.persvr.security.UserSecurity.getPermissionLevel(Unknown
Source)
at org.persvr.data.PersistableObject.checkSecurity(Unknown
Source)
at org.persvr.data.PersistableObject.get(Unknown Source)
at org.persvr.data.PersistableClass.get(Unknown Source)
at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptableObject.getProperty
(ScriptableObject.java:1617)
at org.persvr.data.PersistableObject.get(Unknown Source)
at org.persvr.remote.JSONSerializer$Serialization.requestObject
(Unknown Source)
at org.persvr.remote.JSONSerializer
$Serialization.getValueString(Unknown Source)
at org.persvr.remote.JSONSerializer$Serialization.requestObject
(Unknown Source)
at org.persvr.remote.JSONSerializer
$Serialization.getValueString(Unknown Source)
at org.persvr.remote.JSONSerializer
$Serialization.getValueString(Unknown Source)
at org.persvr.remote.JavaScriptSerializer.serialize(Unknown
Source)
at org.persvr.remote.Client$IndividualRequest.serialize
(Unknown Source)
at org.persvr.remote.Client$IndividualRequest.getWaitingRPCs
(Unknown Source)

dtynan

Mar 26, 2009, 10:56:53 PM3/26/09
to Persevere
Also, I used createUser() from the console and that seemed to commit
fine, but then with authenticate I got:

js>authenticate("root","blahblah")
org.mozilla.javascript.EcmaError: TypeError: A value is required for
property members (function#3)
js>

Dylan

Kris Zyp

Mar 26, 2009, 11:51:07 PM3/26/09
to persevere...@googlegroups.com
Yes indeed, a fresh regression from today. Thank you for the catch, just
checked in a fix so that regression won't even make it to the nightlies :).
Thanks,
Kris

dtynan

Mar 27, 2009, 1:03:23 AM3/27/09
to Persevere
I confirmed this is working now in the latest code in svn.

Thanks!
Dylan