No subtitles anymore - Quicktime x / Perian 1.2.3

Burro

Apr 13, 2012, 11:12:06 PM4/13/12
to perian discussion
Hi. Yesterday I installed Perian 1.2.3 and subtitles worked fine. But
today Quicktime is not reading the subtitles anymore. Any idea what's
going on?

Graham Booker

Apr 13, 2012, 11:15:03 PM4/13/12
to perian-...@googlegroups.com
What kind of file is it?
What kind of subtitles?
Are they internal to the file or stored in separate files?
If separate, are they named properly and what is their extension?

- Graham

Keith Samuels

Jul 5, 2012, 5:15:52 PM7/5/12
to perian-...@googlegroups.com
It doesn't work for me either since upgrading to the newest DIVX, but the new DiVX player has subtitle ability in preferences and that works just fine.
I have Mac 10.6.8 fully updated
QuickTime 7 pro and player
Perian 1.2.3 installed in system preferences and appears to work (I can enable and disable options)
Movie is an AVI file, sub titles are .srt files, named the same as the AVI (except the .srt obviously) and in the same directory.
I wasn't getting any audio in QT7 either until upgrading to the newest Divx, It came with a player and the subs work perfectly in there.

Graham Booker

Jul 5, 2012, 5:20:33 PM7/5/12
to perian-...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 4:15 PM, Keith Samuels <dena...@gmail.com> wrote:
It doesn't work for me either since upgrading to the newest DIVX, but the new DiVX player has subtitle ability in preferences and that works just fine.

As stated on the Perian website for the past several years:
Please consider removing obsolete QuickTime Components: FFusion, Xvid Delegate, 3ivX, DivX, DivX Decoder, XviD, msmpeg4v1, msmpeg4v2, AviImporter, EX_M4S2, Casio AVI Importer, AC3 Codec, and MatroskaQT.