Xvids

Turftoe

Mar 16, 2015, 11:04:16 PM3/16/15
to perian-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

 When trying to download xvid files from Newshosting I do not get any files, just empty download. I have loaded Perian but am not sure that will help. I'm new to the Xvid format and know there are ways to get the files to play. My problem is loading the files.

Any help?

Turftoe

Chris Forsythe

Mar 17, 2015, 8:26:03 PM3/17/15
to perian-...@googlegroups.com
Perian helps you to play videos that are formatted differently than what OS X/QuickTime expect. It does not help you with downloads.

Good luck. Try another browser perhaps.

--
Chris Forsythe

Rick Prescott

Mar 17, 2015, 9:41:32 PM3/17/15
to perian-...@googlegroups.com
OK, I waited for the official response. Being a Mac Tech I have seen some things like this that ended up being trojan shams. Your browser has nothing to do with an empty download. Either it is one of those fake vids, or the source files are missing.

Either way, I doubt a different browser would make a missing file appear. As I see Newshosting is part of usenet. It could be that the link to the file is bad, again not your problem.

I would contact them before doing more.

Rick