TokuDB has lots of tmp file, how to clean them?

Jun Zhang

Jan 20, 2017, 10:11:10 AM1/20/17
to Percona Discussion
HI, I'm running a Percona Server with TokuDB, I found lots of tmp file in data directory, most of them were very old and large. Can I clean them ?

$ du -sh tokudbData/
1.4T    tokudbData/

$ du
-sch tokudbData/*TMP*|tail -2
32K     tokudbData/_zabbix_server_trends_uint_P_pmax_SP_pmaxsp5_TMP_status_9e09efa1_1_1d.tokudb
777G    total

George Lorch

Jan 20, 2017, 10:26:11 AM1/20/17
to Percona Discussion
This looks like a real TokuDB data file (*.tokudb). If it appears in the information_schema.tokudb_file_map table then it is a real data file 'attached' to TokuDB/PerconaFT and removing it could be disastrous. If it does not appear in the tokudb_file_map table and you have a good backup that you can recover from, you can try deleting it, but any damage caused by such a deletion is irrecoverable and would require a full and complete restore. I also would not suggest deleting anything from under a running instance. Shutdown first.

--
George O. Lorch III
Senior Software Engineer, Percona