Slave stops during Backup with percona xtrabackup

tmad...@gmail.com

Jul 21, 2016, 6:43:43 AM7/21/16
to Percona Discussion
Hello togehter,

I´m running a master-master replication with 2 hosts on mysql 5.6. We are running an active-pasive cluster, so just on db (mysql-db1) is accessed via a virtual IP. On the "standby" master (mysql-db2) the mysql-slave stops close to the end of percona xtrabackup and then starts up automatically again. Where´s the problem and how to fix it?

versions:
xtrabackup 2.1.8-1
mysql-community-client 5.6.31-1ubuntu14.04

Thanks in advance
Thomas

Roel Van de Paar

Jul 21, 2016, 11:55:17 PM7/21/16
to Percona Discussion, tmad...@gmail.com
Hi Thomas,

Do you have logs etc.?

Marcos Albe

Jul 22, 2016, 7:33:42 AM7/22/16
to percona-d...@googlegroups.com, tmad...@gmail.com
This is natural if using --safe-slave-backup; It will STOP SLAVE to avoid tmp tables; if he uses binlog_format=ROW then he doesn't  needs this.

Best,

Marcos

tmad...@gmail.com

Jul 25, 2016, 10:59:37 AM7/25/16
to Percona Discussion, tmad...@gmail.com
Dear Marcos/ Others

thanks a million for your answer!

I´m trying without "--safe-slave-backup" and let you know, if it´s fixed.

Concerning "The backup will fail if Slave_open_temp_tables does not
become zero after --safe-slave-backup-timeout seconds." I´m not using "--safe-slave-backup-timeout" yet. Should I use this option?
Do you have other hints I should consider if running without "--safe-slave-backup"?

Thanks in adavance
Thomas

oldGarey guan

Jul 29, 2016, 1:46:18 AM7/29/16
to Percona Discussion, tmad...@gmail.com
i m not use --safe-slave-backup, still encounter 3 times like this, anybody have idea on this? thx

Roel Van de Paar

Aug 3, 2016, 3:55:40 AM8/3/16
to Percona Discussion, tmad...@gmail.com
Hi

My colleague checked the source code and STOP SLAVE is only executed when --safe-slave-backup within waite_for_safe_slave() in backup_mysql.cc

Are you using wrapper script? If so, please provide source for this.

Also, what's datadir size? and ibdata1 size? Need to know to provide further suggestions regarding options to investigate.

James Wang

Aug 4, 2016, 7:00:00 AM8/4/16
to Percona Discussion, tmad...@gmail.com
Hi Tom,