Latest Percona 5.5 build for Mac OS X?

Pedro Melo

May 29, 2012, 6:44:57 PM5/29/12
to percona-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I use Percona MySQL on my production server but develop on Mac OS X.
What is the latest version of Percona MySQL 5.5 that has available
binaries for Mac OS X?

The only one I could find was this one:
http://www.percona.com/downloads/Percona-Server-5.5/Percona-Server-5.5.19-24.0/MacOS-EXPERIMENTAL/

Thanks,
--
Pedro Melo
@pedromelo

Derek Downey

May 30, 2012, 9:38:20 AM5/30/12
to percona-d...@googlegroups.com
If you don't mind using a package manager, Homebrew has version 5.5.22-25.2

Regards,
 Derek Downey

Pedro Melo

May 30, 2012, 11:11:42 AM5/30/12

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 2:38 PM, Derek Downey <de...@orange-pants.com> wrote:
> If you don't mind using a package manager, Homebrew has version 5.5.22-25.2
>
> https://github.com/mxcl/homebrew

Thanks, didn't knew that it was available on homebrew. I'm using it already.

Bye,

Michael Pelz-Sherman

Nov 3, 2015, 7:54:59 AM11/3/15
to Percona Discussion
I know this is an old thread, but just to confirm/clarify: the mysql installed by "brew install mysql" isn't the same as the one installed by "brew install percona-server", right?

On Wednesday, May 30, 2012 at 11:11:42 AM UTC-4, melo wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 2:38 PM, Derek Downey <de...@orange-pants.com> wrote:
> If you don't mind using a package manager, Homebrew has version 5.5.22-25.2
>
> https://github.com/mxcl/homebrew

Thanks, didn't knew that it was available on homebrew. I'm using it already.

Bye,
--
Pedro Melo
@pedromelo
http://www.simplicidade.org/
http://about.me/melo

Colin Charles

Nov 8, 2015, 6:19:16 PM11/8/15
to percona-d...@googlegroups.com

> On 3 Nov 2015, at 11:55, Michael Pelz-Sherman <mpelzs...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I know this is an old thread, but just to confirm/clarify: the mysql installed by "brew install mysql" isn't the same as the one installed by "brew install percona-server", right?

No it isn’t the same. You can check this by doing brew info <package-name>

eg.
brew info mysql
mysql: stable 5.6.26 (bottled)

brew info percona-server
percona-server: stable 5.6.25-73.1 (bottled)
Drop-in MySQL replacement
https://www.percona.com

> On Wednesday, May 30, 2012 at 11:11:42 AM UTC-4, melo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 2:38 PM, Derek Downey <de...@orange-pants.com> wrote:
> > If you don't mind using a package manager, Homebrew has version 5.5.22-25.2
> >
> > https://github.com/mxcl/homebrew
>
> Thanks, didn't knew that it was available on homebrew. I'm using it already.
>
> Bye,
> --
> Pedro Melo
> @pedromelo
> http://www.simplicidade.org/
> http://about.me/melo
> xmpp...@simplicidade.org
> mailto:me...@simplicidade.org
>
> --

Colin Charles, http://bytebot.net/blog/
twitter: @bytebot | skype: colincharles
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." -- Mohandas Gandhi