query_cache support for 5.6.21-70.1-56

Marcel Dumont

Jan 19, 2015, 9:37:14 AM1/19/15
to percona-d...@googlegroups.com
Could somebody clarify me the status of the query_cache handling in multi-master cluster setup in xtradb for 5.6.21-70.1-56 build?

The percona 5.6 general limitation notes indicate it can only be used/enabled on runtime, but no explanation on the behaviour if enabled

MariaDB refers to the negative scenario (it needing to be disabled prior to certain version), but not the positive scenario

But neither indicate what the behaviour of enabling query_cache is within a multi-master cluster setup.

ie will the cache be node-specific? ie no pruning, or is there a method of syncing?

I would be very interested in any hints on above.

thanks

Marcel