Json Audit Logs & Varbinary Field Data

Caio James

Aug 25, 2017, 5:41:08 PM8/25/17
to Percona Discussion
Greetings -

We have recently started using varbinary fields in some of our tables. We also have enabled the JSON Audit log on these systems. What we have found is that the varbinary column contents is causing causing malformed json errors.

Our systems pipe these audit logs to an elastic search backend… and when we added the varbinary column, the elastic search backend started complaining about malformed json for these files.

Wondering if anyone has also experienced this issue? We are seeing the same thing with the XML Audit Log format. So we are not sure where to go from here.

Thanks!

CJ