Setup for master master replication using percona xtrabackup

Sym

May 3, 2018, 5:55:42 AM5/3/18
to Percona Discussion
I totally have no idea to setup for this. Tried to google but nothing helps. only got master slave replication. But I need master master replication.
Can somebody help me?

Lorraine P

May 8, 2018, 8:55:57 AM5/8/18
to percona-d...@googlegroups.com
If you're not already in a production scenario, you might want to look at Percona XtraDB Cluster, since this might provide the functionality that you are looking for. Some info on that here https://www.percona.com/doc/percona-xtradb-cluster/LATEST/howtos/centos_howto.html

If you're committed to MySQL replication, then you're right when it comes to the documentation. The best Master Slave information we have is at https://www.percona.com/doc/percona-xtrabackup/LATEST/howtos/setting_up_replication.html

As you've found, good information on Master-Master MySQL replication is harder to find ... https://support.rackspace.com/how-to/mysql-master-master-replication/ describes some extra steps over master-slave backup to point the"master" to the binary log position of the "slave" (which is most likely to just be `master_log_file="mysql-bin.000001", master_log_pos=4` if done before any writes occur)

See if that helps? But I think we'd probably look to Percona XtraDB Cluster for the solution...