mysql replica to slow from 5.1 to 5.6

Rustam

Apr 22, 2015, 11:32:48 AM4/22/15
to percona-d...@googlegroups.com
Hello.

I have percona server 5.1 and the need to replicate data with percona 5.6 in real time, to switch the requests from 5.1 to 5.6 when there is no lag on the replica, but Seconds_Behind_Master is continuously growing. At the same time replica from 5.1 to 5.1 not far behind. Why replica from 5.1 to 5.6 far behind and how can this be prevented?

gary chen

Apr 23, 2015, 9:18:40 AM4/23/15
to percona-d...@googlegroups.com
1. First you need to check whether there's bottleneck on resources, like disk, cpu;
2. second, run command "show processlist' to see which query is running on your slave server;
Then we can check if there's problem.
If I configure a slave server, I will replicate data from MySQL 5.1 to MySQL 5.5. This is a more safety and stable way.

Hello.

I have percona server 5.1 and the need to replicate data with percona 5.6 in real time, to switch the requests from 5.1 to 5.6 when there is no lag on the replica, but Seconds_Behind_Master is continuously growing. At the same time replica from 5.1 to 5.1 not far behind. Why replica from 5.1 to 5.6 far behind and how can this be prevented?

Rustam

Apr 23, 2015, 12:45:28 PM4/23/15
to percona-d...@googlegroups.com
CPU Have 100% load on one core.
It is typical for slave servers, but core with 5.1 loaded on 70% on slave, and core on server with slave 5.6 loaded on100%

четверг, 23 апреля 2015 г., 16:18:40 UTC+3 пользователь gary написал:
1. First you need to check whether there's bottleneck on resources, like disk, cpu;
2. second, run command "show processlist' to see which query is running on your slave server;
Then we can check if there's problem.
If I configure a slave server, I will replicate data from MySQL 5.1 to MySQL 5.5. This is a more safety and stable way.

Hello.

I have percona server 5.1 and the need to replicate data with percona 5.6 in real time, to switch the requests from 5.1 to 5.6 when there is no lag on the replica, but Seconds_Behind_Master is continuously growing. At the same time replica from 5.1 to 5.1 not far behind. Why replica from 5.1 to 5.6 far behind and how can this be prevented?

gary chen

Apr 23, 2015, 9:38:12 PM4/23/15
to percona-d...@googlegroups.com
1. The higher version of MySQL maybe not perform better than low version because for some simple queries, MySQL optimizer of low version is more simple and can do fast;
2. I don't know what kind of queries cause 100% CPU. You can set general_log=on to capture queries and optimize these queries. Some inappropriate index or no index may cause CPU bottleneck. I haven't use MySQL 5.6, but I know it has a feature: Multi-threaded replication, you can have a try

3. I recommend you use 5.1 -> 5.5  or  5.5 -> 5..6 replication strategy because many databases include MySQl do not guarantee replication across big version.

[...]

dileep ch

Apr 24, 2015, 7:26:37 AM4/24/15
to percona-d...@googlegroups.com

Using innobackupex makes the process faster. As there will be less logs to start relocation there will no delay.