Building PSMDB 3.4.6 from source with rocksdb 5.7.2 (macOS)

Mark G.

Aug 16, 2017, 5:59:48 PM8/16/17
to Percona Discussion
Hi there,

Another rocksdb version bump, another issue!

Linking build/opt/mongo/mongod

clang: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-pthread' [-Wunused-command-line-argument]

ld: warning: option -noall_load is obsolete and being ignored

 "rocksdb::NewGenericRateLimiter(long lon g, long long, int)", referenced from:

     mongo::RocksEngine::RocksEngine(std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> > const&, bool, int, bool) in rocks_engine.o

scons: *** [build/opt/mongo/mongod] Error 1

build/opt/mongo/mongod failed: Error 1

This is using the v3.4 branch of g...@github.com:mongodb-partners/mongo-rocks.git. Should I be using Percona's fork instead?

--Mark G.

Vadim Tkachenko

Aug 16, 2017, 6:02:57 PM8/16/17
to percona-discussion
Mark,

We do not work with mongodb-partners/mongo-rocks tree.
We may help with https://github.com/percona/percona-server-mongodb/tree/v3.4
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/percona-discussion/456dc7a6-2474-49f2-a0ac-deea28856295%40googlegroups.com.

Vadim Tkachenko, CTO, Percona
Phone +1-919-249-7483

Mark G.

Aug 16, 2017, 6:18:06 PM8/16/17
to Percona Discussion

On Wednesday, August 16, 2017 at 5:02:57 PM UTC-5, Vadim Tkachenko wrote:
Mark,

We do not work with mongodb-partners/mongo-rocks tree.
We may help with https://github.com/percona/percona-server-mongodb/tree/v3.4

--
Vadim Tkachenko, CTO, Percona
Phone +1-919-249-7483

Thanks for the quick reply. I guess I answered the question myself after the error. I switched /src/mongo/db/storage/rocks over to v3.4 branch of g...@github.com:percona/mongo-rocks.git and all is well (except for the warnings I mentioned in a previous thread).

--Mark G.