In-Memory Engine and Authentication

Mark G.

Oct 18, 2016, 12:07:06 PM10/18/16
to Percona Discussion
Hi all,

I'm looking into using the in-memory storage engine as a memcached/redis replacement for caching purposes. I have an instance up and running, so that's nor an issue. My particular issue right now is that some of the data that would be cached is sensitive info that really needs to be protected by authenticated access to the instance.

It dawned upon me that any authentication info - either internal user, or external SASL-based user disappears on instance restart. Other than having a mixed in-memory/on-disk replica set, can anyone think of a way to have an in-memory, authenticated database?

--Mark G.