PXC in pause state (Flow control happened)

James Wang

Jul 14, 2017, 5:53:15 AM7/14/17
to Percona Discussion
Hi All,

Do you count this PXC state as available please?

Thanks

krunal....@percona.com

Jul 16, 2017, 11:34:00 PM7/16/17
to Percona Discussion
Hi James,

Can you help describe what do you mean by "available" state ?

If a say node emits flow-control and cluster goes into pause state then cluster can't process workload.

Regards,
Krunal

James Qian Wang

Jul 17, 2017, 6:35:13 AM7/17/17
to percona-d...@googlegroups.com
The cluster can still serve read requests during flow control state.

Can we the count the cluster as half available? :)

Thanks

krunal....@percona.com

Jul 17, 2017, 11:18:43 PM7/17/17
to Percona Discussion
James,

HALF AVAILABLE abbreviates to HA (Highly Available) :)

Jokes apart, if user is okay to read stale data then yes.

Regards,
Krunal

On Friday, July 14, 2017 at 3:23:15 PM UTC+5:30, James Wang wrote:
Hi All,

Do you count this PXC state as available please?

Thanks

James Wang

Jul 24, 2017, 4:26:32 AM7/24/17
to Percona Discussion

Then you may say PXC is 99.999% available :)