Percona XtraDB Cluster bootstrap error

Francisco Andrade

Oct 30, 2017, 12:10:53 PM10/30/17
to Percona Discussion
Hi guys,

I'm trying to bootstrap a new cluster on Azure but I keep getting an error during the bootstrap:
[Note] WSREP: wsrep_load(): loading provider library '/usr/lib64/libgalera_smm.so'
[ERROR] WSREP: wsrep_load(): dlopen(): /usr/lib64/libgalera_smm.so: symbol SSL_COMP_free_compression_methods, version libssl.so.10 not defined in file libssl.so.10 with link time reference
[ERROR] WSREP: wsrep_load(/usr/lib64/libgalera_smm.so) failed: Invalid argument (22). Reverting to no provider.
[Note] WSREP: wsrep_load(): loading provider library 'none'

I was able to create the cluster up until Friday, but today I started getting this error.
I don't get the error when I run on a vagrant env:
[Note] WSREP: wsrep_load(): loading provider library '/usr/lib64/libgalera_smm.so'
[Note] WSREP: wsrep_load(): Galera 3.21(r8678538) by Codership Oy <in...@codership.com> loaded successfully.

The Azure instance is running CentOS release 7.3.1611 and the vagrant box is running CentOS release 7.4.1708.

PS: While writing this message I've tested downgrading the vagrant box to CentOS 7.3 (7.3.1611) and now I can simulate the error at my vagrant environment also.

Vadim Tkachenko

Oct 30, 2017, 12:14:14 PM10/30/17
to percona-discussion
Francisco,

Make sure you use Percona XtraDB Cluster from repositories for CentOS 7
and also you have install openssl from CentOS repos.

I see you have some library incompatibilities, which should be resolved if you are using correct packages.

Vadim Tkachenko, CTO, Percona
Phone +1-919-249-7483

Francisco Andrade

Oct 30, 2017, 1:47:22 PM10/30/17
to Percona Discussion
Hi Vadim, thanks for the feedback.

I was able to workaround the problem by upgrading to a newer OS base image (CentOS Linux release 7.4.1708).
Now I'm setting this specific image version during the instance creation instead of using latest to avoid having the same problem on new releases.

Thanks again

krunal....@percona.com

Oct 31, 2017, 7:18:54 AM10/31/17
to Percona Discussion
Hi,

Upgrading openssl package should help if you don't want to upgrade CentOS.

Before upgrade with CentOS-7.2:
[vagrant@localhost ~]$ rpm -qa | grep openssl
openssl-1.0.1e-42.el7.9.x86_64
openssl-libs-1.0.1e-42.el7.9.x86_64

yum upgrade openssl*

After upgrade with CentOS-7.4:
[vagrant@localhost log]$ rpm -qa | grep openssl
openssl-1.0.2k-8.el7.x86_64
openssl-libs-1.0.2k-8.el7.x86_64

But I would recommend upgrading CentOS (switching to 7.4).

Regards,
Krunal

Francisco Andrade

Nov 1, 2017, 9:48:39 AM11/1/17
to Percona Discussion
Hi Krunal, I've decided to upgrade the OS.
But thanks for the package upgrade suggestion anyway.

Regards,
Francisco Andrade