xtrabackup: error: log block numbers mismatch:

sharma....@gmail.com

Mar 9, 2017, 8:38:40 AM3/9/17
to Percona Discussion, tapan....@hpe.com
Hi,

I need to backup db of 84GB size.

Using RHEL(6.2) with following things installed

1. MySQL Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.11
2. Percona / xtrabackup version 2.0.0 for Percona Server 5.1.59 unknown-linux-gnu (x86_64) (revision id: 417)
3. innodb_log_file_size 524MB

Ran below command:
sudo innobackupex --user=xxxx --password=xxxx --defaults-file="/etc/my.cnf" --tables-file="/home/xxxx/xyz.txt" /home/abc/defg/

Error:

xtrabackup: error: log block numbers mismatch:
xtrabackup: error: expected log block no. 462050438, but got no. 462070910 from the log file.
xtrabackup: error: it looks like InnoDB log has wrapped around before xtrabackup could process all records due to either log copying being too slow, or log files being too small.
xtrabackup: Error: xtrabackup_copy_logfile() failed.

Guys, am I missing some configuration? Please share your solution.

Thanks

Vadim Tkachenko

Mar 9, 2017, 10:27:51 AM3/9/17
to percona-discussion, tapan....@hpe.com
Unless there is some bug, the error message is descriptive - you have
small innodb_log_file_size,
the database can't be copied fully as logs are getting rotated.
You need to increase innodb_log_file_size, However in 5.1 it has to be
done careful.
https://www.percona.com/blog/2011/07/09/how-to-change-innodb_log_file_size-safely/
> --

Vadim Tkachenko, CTO, Percona
Phone +1-919-249-7483, Skype: vadimtk153

The Premier Open Source Database Performance Conference in North America
https://www.percona.com/live/17/

sharma....@gmail.com

Mar 9, 2017, 11:15:06 AM3/9/17
to Percona Discussion, tapan....@hpe.com, sharma....@gmail.com