Percona XtraDB upstream memcache bug fix

Chris Tomlinson

Jun 23, 2014, 5:58:14 AM6/23/14
to percona-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi

We have recently put a Percona cluster into production and have been experiencing some nasty mysqld crashes on multiple XtraDB nodes which we have identified are probably caused by a bug that was fixed in Oracle MySQL 5.6.16 last year.

http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=69993

We can't see any 5.6.16 version of XtraDB cluster to upgrade to so I am wondering how these issues are usually addressed. Should I raise a separate bug against XtraDB cluster or would that be a waste of time since you're already planning to integrate the patch into the next bug fix release?

Thanks,
Chris

Raghavendra D Prabhu

Jun 23, 2014, 11:33:16 AM6/23/14
to percona-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,
Looks like it has been fixed in 5.6.16 upstream. So, PS, and with that next PXC
release should have it. https://launchpad.net/percona-xtradb-cluster/+milestone/5.6.19-25.6 is the next planned release.

>Thanks,
>Chris
>
>--

Regards,
--
Raghavendra Prabhu | http://about.me/raghavendra.prabhu
Contact: http://wnohang.net/contact | GPG: 0xD72BE977

Jay Janssen

Jun 23, 2014, 11:49:53 AM6/23/14
to percona-d...@googlegroups.com
Please realize that memcached support is not handled in PXC:

There may be some limited uses for it (like read-only), but it doesn’t “just work” unfortunately.

Jay Janssen
Sign up now for Percona XtraDB Cluster/Galera training in San Jose, CA

signature.asc

Chris Tomlinson

Jun 24, 2014, 5:08:31 AM6/24/14
to percona-d...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the replies.

As per my comment on that bug, we don't see any problems with the way we use it (read and write), apart from the upstream bug fixed in 5.6.16.

On Jun 23, 2014, at 5:58 AM, Chris Tomlinson <luck...@musites.com> wrote:

Hi

We have recently put a Percona cluster into production and have been experiencing some nasty mysqld crashes on multiple XtraDB nodes which we have identified are probably caused by a bug that was fixed in Oracle MySQL 5.6.16 last year.

http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=69993

We can't see any 5.6.16 version of XtraDB cluster to upgrade to so I am wondering how these issues are usually addressed. Should I raise a separate bug against XtraDB cluster or would that be a waste of time since you're already planning to integrate the patch into the next bug fix release?

Thanks,
Chris

Jay Janssen

Jun 24, 2014, 7:25:14 AM6/24/14
to percona-d...@googlegroups.com
That’s interesting, I’ll need to revisit the feature and see if something changed from before.