value of innodb_temp_data_file_path is processed incorrectly with pt-config-diff

marekb...@gmail.com

May 21, 2018, 9:51:29 AM5/21/18
to Percona Discussion
Hi,

I have noticed incorrectly reported difference with pt-config-diff when value ends with number and factor but is not only single numeric value. For example when innodb_temp_data_file_path is set to ibtmp1:12M:autoextend:max:50G pt-config-diff returns:

innodb_temp_data_file_... ibtmp1:12M:autoextend:max:50G 53687091200

Lorraine P

May 21, 2018, 10:49:28 AM5/21/18
to Percona Discussion
Any chance you can share your my.cnf files so we can take a look at how those are set?

Marek Becka

May 21, 2018, 11:01:12 AM5/21/18
to percona-d...@googlegroups.com
Configuration file contains:
innodb_temp_data_file_path = ibtmp1:12M:autoextend:max:50G

Database query returns:
+-------------------------------+
| @@innodb_temp_data_file_path |
+-------------------------------+

On 5/21/18, Lorraine P <lorraine.p...@percona.com> wrote:
> Any chance you can share your my.cnf files so we can take a look at how
> those are set?
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/percona-discussion/52191a0f-4c32-4928-95a4-15b739af382e%40googlegroups.com.

Marek Becka

May 21, 2018, 11:05:25 AM5/21/18
to percona-d...@googlegroups.com
The value is converted in subroutine _process_val where only last
numeric value and factor is matched with regex and any preceding
string is stripped out:

if ( my ($num, $factor) = $val =~ m/(\d+)([KMGT])b?$/i ) {